18 Apr 2024

#511 Ram Navami 2024

 Ram Navami 2024

Design Credit: Canva

It was Ram Navami of 2024 and a special day for those who celebrate it as the birthday of Lord Rama. He’s regarded as a symbol of victory over unrighteousness in Ramayana and a Maryada Purushottama – a perfect man. As the 7th incarnation of Vishnu, he descended on Earth and taught us a lot of good values like obedience, righteousness, truthfulness, etc.

I grew up watching Ramayana and admiring his qualities. My association with Rama as a deity began during my college days when my father advised me to recite Aditya Hridaya Stotram, to get a direction and purpose of life, which was composed by sage Agastya. This Stotram has a place in Ramayana, and it is believed that Lord Rama recited this Stotram to appease the Sun God, seeking his blessings to get victory over Ravana. The benefits of reciting this Stotram in my life were seen in the form of better grades, peace of mind, and attracting good company. Later, as an enthusiast of Sanskrit shlokas, I came across Rama Raksha Stotram in The Sanskrit Channel on Youtube and I got hooked on it. This Stotram was composed by the sage Budhha Koushik, and I was in love with the clear pronunciation of the person who recited it. I listened to this Stotram for almost a year while commuting to the office daily and it proved to be a protection for me as per the circumstances of that time. I felt that all the pains of my body were healed by it.

I celebrated Ram Navami today, in a foreign land, by preparing Satvik meal and sweet dish like Gulab Jamun. I recited Ram Raksha Stotram and chanted 108 names of Lord Rama. I prayed to my Guru, Shri Nirmala Devi, to invoke the qualities of Lord Rama within me. The peace, that came as a result of chanting and meditation is just inexplicable. I wish that Lord Rama be the saviour for all of us and protect your family always.

 

All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi

17.04.2024

    P.S: This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2024Challenge for Alphabet ‘R’

P.S: Here are a few songs, I recorded for Ram Navami

1. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C51QpnMNb-B/?igsh=N2QydmYxaTZ5OHU%3D

2. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C52NzXSvg7y/?igsh=MXF5dDUzaGw4dHdmcA%3D%3D

 

No comments:

Post a Comment