13 Apr 2024

#509 Book Review - House of cards

  

Book Review - House of Cards

Design Credit : Canva

This novel is a work of fiction divided into different chapters, making it easy to read and finish. This is the last book I finished before this year ends which I picked up at the beginning of this year! When Sudha Murthy writes it, there will be a description of the story with every possible detail. As I've already read many books by Sudha Murthy, I already anticipated that various scenes of the novel would have been taken from day-to-day life, thus making it very convenient for readers to connect.

This novel revolves around the life of Sanjay and Mridula, from Sanjay getting mesmerized by Mridula from their first meeting at a wedding ceremony to marrying her and starting a family in Bangalore. This novel very well depicts all the nuances of life after marriage in India from describing the pain of a woman leaving her maiden home behind and happily accepting the norms of the home of her in-laws to being deceived by her husband in a family matter. Every stage of a growing relationship between a husband and wife has been aptly portrayed through intelligently designed circumstances that are generally observed in real life. This shows the immaculate observation of the life and surroundings of Sudha Murthy. The story ends on a note that Sanjay goes to meet Mridula at Alldahli, where she went after she felt cheated by Sanjay on a family matter. The scenes that follow are left for the interpretation of the readers. As an optimistic person, I would interpret it as a realization of Sanjay about his mistakes and an emotional reunion that follows the aftermath.

I loved the main character Mridula, an intelligent lady with a strong sense of integrity, who knows how to stay happy in life without the need for any external factor. Initially, I struggled to relate to many characters who were introduced one after the other, but I eventually, found a way to create a family tree to help me relate to the characters. In my opinion, I would suggest it to other readers.

Source : Google Images

All Rights Reserved

Swati Sarangi

  P.S: This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2024Challenge for Alphabet ‘H’


1 comment:

  1. I remember reading a Sudha Murthy book that was for children many years ago. I remember her attention to the mundane even in that.

    ReplyDelete