30 Apr 2024

#526 Zero or One

 Zero or One

Design Credit : Canva

Should life be evaluated based on success or failure? What about the learning that we get through our journey to achieve something? As shown in the movie 12th Fail, an aspirant has to start from scratch when he fails to make it to the Holy PDF or final list of selections, no matter how many rounds he clears, shows how society evaluates one’s success by omitting the grey areas.

            As an aspirant myself, I’ve seen this journey at a very close level. It appeared for UPSC ESE three times along with my full-time Master’s Degree that I was pursuing then, it was too difficult to balance the requirements of the academic life with the demands of the preparation. Like a Yogi doing Tapasya by being cut off from the world, to reach the stage of salvation, I cut myself off from any social activity. I stayed in the hostel all alone when everybody had left for their homes during festivals. Time was limited to conquer the vast syllabus all by myself. It was no doubt, a humungous task. I took the exams in a different city from where I was living, three times and failed all three times. The reason that motivated me to take one more attempt was my increased performance. They said it right that UPSC is like a blackhole that drags one to itself addictively.

            Today, when I look back at my journey, I am content that I took that path instead of waiting for the perfect moment of preparation. I have no regrets about not trying. Many of my friends just imagined it in their minds and waited for the right moment to appear for the exam which never came. This journey taught me a lot of patience and resilience to pick myself up after a failure. I develop an insight into not labeling any failure as zero but as a learning experience of life. If we don’t try, we will never learn. Our learning should never stop based on the result but continue throughout life.

                        With this post, I conclude #BlogchatterA2Z 2024 amidst the flu from which I am still recovering. I have many times got this feeling of giving up but I just try to stick to the process and give my effort in chucks and the result is all in front of you. I remember having finished this challenge last year amidst a very hectic schedule, this time my schedule is a little flexible. If I could do then, why can’t I do it this time?

 

All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi

30.04.2024

 P.S: This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2024Challenge for Alphabet ‘Z’

No comments:

Post a Comment