29 Apr 2024

#521 Warikoo Wanderings

 Warikoo Wanderings

Design Credits: Canva

Recently, I came across a post(tweet) in X (Twitter) about someone enquiring about their favorite Newsletter. This question made me wonder about mine. From many newsletters I’ve subscribed to, I have been religiously reading this Newsletter, Warikoo Wanderings! Warikoo, isn’t it a familiar surname? You must have guessed it by now about the creator of this newsletter. He’s no other than Ankur Warikoo, a social media sensation who needs no introduction! How rhyming this line has come out to be!

            Why don’t I miss reading Warikoo Wanderings which pops up in my Gmail inbox every Friday? There are several reasons for this. It has everything to catch the attention of the readers. First, it discusses issues and insights related to day-to-day life; for example, the topics could be as simple as hard work, consistency, failure, success, etc. These topics would be presented in such a way that one will get something subtle but profound to bring home. Second, the way of writing is simple and presentable. The sentences are small with proper punctuations, ideas are presented in small chunks, all these improve the readability and comprehensibility of the text. Third, there are other sections in this newsletter like books that he’s reading, quotes, pictures, results from surveys, podcasts, question of the week, etc. As someone fond of books, I get recommendations for some really good books. I love his quotes and pictures. More than anything, I love to go through the insights from the surveys on the question that he put as the question of the week. The results from such surveys come as an eye-opener to me and break my prejudiced ideas or opinions on something. Fourth, receiving a reply to what I share my viewpoints on. It is the rarest thing that can happen to me. I appreciate the writer/author whenever I read something that I find so captivating. Most of the time, I share my views on the topics discussed in the newsletter and Ankur has never failed to send a reply.

            I’ve been reading this newsletter for 3 years. Over these years, many things have changed including my location, jobs, environment, etc. Previously, I used to reply to his newsletters from Hong Kong but now from Finland. One thing that hasn’t changed is his consistency, which I find super inspiring. I wonder how he has achieved such an unfailing consistency in everything that he does. No wonder he has a humungous fan following! He’s just so focused on his work dedicatedly by silencing his critics through his work. He has gained complete control over his life and has no excuse for not following excellence.

I am highly influenced by his working ethics and consistency and trying to be as consistent as I can, in whatever I plan to do. I am sure that the compounding effect of it will be astounding!

 

All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi

29.04.2024

  P.S: This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2024Challenge for Alphabet ‘W’

No comments:

Post a Comment