23 Apr 2024

# 514 Ukulele Concert

 Ukulele Concert

Design Credit : Canva

In one of my previous blog posts, I’ve shared my deep inclination towards a stage as a singer and how I never missed any chance to be on the stage. Being on stage provides me immense motivation and energy and what’s wrong with showcasing one’s talent? The connection that I create, based on the hobbies that I pursue, is beyond any superficial attachments.

Now, coming to the topic, as you all might have figured out already that I am going to write about a Ukulele concert of which I was a part. It was my first Ukulele concert of this year. I was a part of the Christmas Ukulele concert 2023 which was organized at Sello library. After completing the Ukulele for Beginner’s course last year, I joined the Ukulele for Intermediate/Advanced group this year. Unlike the previous group, this group was quite large, consisting of as many as 15 people who are very skilled and consistent. I came to know that some of the group members had been associated with that group for many years and were very passionate musically. With that group, I learned a lot of chords that I would have found challenging to try. Even though I don’t understand most of the conversation during the class(because of my limited knowledge of Finnish being the only non-Finn in that group,) as the language of instruction is Finnish yet I enjoy Finnish music very much. The joy that I get while playing with that group is above anything and music has no language.

I was happy to be a part of the Ukulele Concert at Leevi Service House, an old age home in Helsinki, on 18.04.2024. We practiced around 12 songs which were in Finnish and English, to perform. There was a short rehearsal session before our performance. When our performances started, I could observe all elderly people singing along with us and enjoying the event. This was a one-of-a-lifetime event for me. I was very attached to my grandparents and they showered their love and affection on me immensely. My grandparents are no more, they left for a heavenly abode.  I have been playing Ukulele for the last 6-7 months, I wish my grandparents could have seen me performing. Performing for those elder people gave me a sense of performing in front of my grandparents and their reaction would have been no different from those of the elderly people present there. This was the tiniest effort on my part to do something for the society of which I had been a part for the last 1.5 years. 

That concert made me realize that time is fleeting, and so is its manifestation in terms of our age. I will, no longer be a performer but be an audience sitting on the opposite side of the stage. My roles will change and so will my responsibilities, but one thing that will stay the same is my commitment to myself; my commitment to do something for others even in the littlest way possible; my commitment to live without regrets, and my commitment to reach my potential.

 

All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi

19.04.2024

 

P.S: I don’t have any pictures or recordings of that concert to share but precious moments from that concert will stay in my memory forever.

 P.S: This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2024Challenge for Alphabet ‘U’

No comments:

Post a Comment