18 Apr 2024

#512 Love for the stage

 Love for the stage

Design Credit: Canva

It’s story time now as I never miss any chance to walk down memory lane to bring out incidences of my life as stories. That’s because I am so fondly attached to the glorious memories of my childhood days. Through this post, I will once again try to recall all the beautiful memories of those bygone days.

I loved being on stage as it always gave me the kind of energy and confidence that I longed for. I can vaguely remember the first time I went to the stage; I was in grade nursery, and it was Krishna Janmashthami. Our school organized a fancy dress competition. My mother dressed me and my twin sister as Krishna and trained us to recite “Yada Yada Hi Dharmasya..”. She sent us to school with my father. I remember when my teacher put us on the stage, the sight of the crowd made me nervous and I could hardly remember anything. When the musicians in the school band got excited seeing us and started playing instruments to encourage us, my eyes welled up because of being nervous and I could barely last on the stage for more than a minute.

Did that incident develop a fear of stage in me? A hell, NO! Thanks to my parents who always encouraged us to be on the stage. I was very interested in music and my parents provided me with all facility to pursue music along with academics. I was a part of the morning assembly group till the end of my school life. I derived immense pleasure and confidence from facing around 1500 students every morning on stage, being a KVian. There was another benefit of being on stage; it helped me to escape from the scorching heat during the summer. I got various opportunities to conduct morning assemblies, participate in solo and group songs, and do poetry recitations. My performance was not limited to school, but I also explored other events at societies and devotional nights at temples. There were times during my primary school days when I performed a couple of times in group dance.  

When I joined college, I missed that stage of my morning assembly where I had been a part for many years. I lost that encouraging audience and being a part of the audience when I had the talent to perform didn’t cheer me up at all. That was the darkest period of my life when I didn’t get enough opportunity to be on the stage, which affected my confidence drastically.  I again got the stage in my 3rd year, and it was a bliss to connect with the audience. I felt like living my life again.

Appreciation is like food for any performer or artist without which an artist lives a dormant life. I have always felt music to be a blessing in my life and want to cherish this blessing throughout my life. I try to grab every opportunity to perform on stage as it boosts my confidence. I have a concert of the Ukulele at an old age home tomorrow, whose description will form a part of another blogpost.

 

All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi

17.04.2024

  P.S: This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2024Challenge for Alphabet ‘L’

You can follow me on Instagram – swar_symphony, YouTube – Swati Sarangi & Smule – Swati Sarangi

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is so great! I didn't have any musical talents growing up and so that nixed any stage performances. Though i've always been appreciater of the arts. All the very best for you concert tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete