18 Apr 2024

#513 Oh! Little kids

 Oh! Little kids

Design Credit: Canva

Oh! Little kids,

I wish I could be like you,

Thousand miles away from those curveballs,

That life throws inevitably.

 

When I look at you playing merrily,

Through my window,

All I could do was sigh,

Sigh at my childhood that passed by.

 

I admire your carefree and innocence,

Being unaware is a blessing in disguise,

As you, no longer have to think, on

Any matters that your mind hasn’t explored.

 

How captivated I become

With your infectious smile,

That comes from a flawless manifestation

Of your soul’s innocence and purity.

 

You played in all seasons,

Whether it snowed or rained,

Without caring about any consequences,

By losing yourself in moment; present.

 

I was in awe of your discipline,

When you followed your teacher, in line,

You walked patiently by

Observing everything around you.

 

I wish I could be like you,

Lost in the world of curiosity, dreams,

Selfless friendship and infinte exploration,

Of the world where I live.

 

All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi

18.04.2024

 

P.S: I dedicate this poem to those little kids whom I watch from my window in Matinkylä. There’s a school, a primary school, just in front of my apartment and I love watching kids playing in front of the school. There’s a small playground in front of the school where there are a variety of swings. I have seen them playing in all seasons; in winter or summer. I admire seeing them walking in a queue, following their teacher, when on a visit to a nearby area.

This poem has been composed for the prompt of NaPoWriMo 2024 Day-18: Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker expresses the desire to be someone or something else, and explains why. 

  P.S: This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2024Challenge for Alphabet ‘O’

No comments:

Post a Comment