15 Apr 2024

#510 Instagram Journey of mine

 Instagram Journey of mine

Design Credit: Canva

I am going to share one wish of mine that got converted into a reality. During the lockdown in the second quarter of 2020, I started giving more time to singing to regain what I had lost over the years due to other commitments like studies and jobs. I’ve been trained in Indian Classical Vocals from Akhil Bharatiya Gandhav Mahavidyalaya (ABGMV), Mumbai up to 3rd year when I was in 9th standard and my music teacher moved to another city. After that, I never got the chance to complete my degree in Vocals till Visharad which I had always wanted to. I even considered preparing for 4th year vocals exam and followed some of the YouTube channels for guidance, later to realize that I needed a Guru to teach me the nuances of classical music which can’t be learned through YouTube only. I created an Instagram account – MeLockDy (representing melody during Lockdown) to save all my recordings in one place, which I couldn’t, unfortunately.

 

Fast forward to Sept 2023, when I came to know about Ukulele classes for beginners at Lippulaiva Library, Espoo, I could think of nothing else but joining that. As a beginner, I sincerely attended all the classes and practiced at home. We were taught both English and Finnish songs by a Finnish instructor. Thankfully the medium of instruction was in English and I didn’t face any issue in following the instructions. I am someone who believes in experimenting with stuff, on my own, after getting acquainted with the basics. So, I started finding the chords for Bollywood or devotional songs, recording them, and uploading them to my YouTube Channel and Instagram account. With consistency, I have uploaded 71 recordings in the last 5 months and I couldn’t be more happy.

 

As a believer in the law of attraction, my Instagram journey has made me realize that no wish or goal is a small one for the universe, if you wish it, the Universe will help you achieve that. Right now, I am not aiming for any particular subscriber count or monetization, all I am focused on is to enjoy this process and improve my skills so that when I look back at this journey, I can do nothing but marvel at what this journey has given me and be proud of myself.


All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi

15.04.2024

   P.S: This post is a part of #BlogChatterA2Z 2024Challenge for Alphabet ‘I’

No comments:

Post a Comment