23 Oct 2017

#307 Monster

Monster
Image result for monster pictures
One day I got a way
To defeat the indomitable
Invisible monsters who
Have been surrounding me forever.

Procrastination lured me to sleep
Laziness accompanied it
I started getting panicked
When my assignments got heaped

Fear of failure nurtured me
The sense of being judged
Confined me within its
Boundary of comfortibility

Inferiority complex overshadowed my
All time companion; confidence
I started searching for the
Former self which hid itself in seclusion

That’s when I reminded myself that
Determination is power
By developing a never-give-up demeanour
I can defeat these monsters.

I resolved to be punctual and contemplative
Prepared plans to follow
Stuck to it no matter what
Even when I failed one after the other.

After a session of constant effort
I succeeded in conquering monster
Never had I felt victorious
I realised that “Everything is possible”.

 
#writebravely #writetribeproblogger

Post #7

I am taking part in The Write Tribe Problogger October 2017 Blogging Challenge  (Hyperlink this to: http://writetribe.com). 

© Swati Sarangi

21.10.2017 

19 comments:

  1. Laziness can be a monster for sure, especially if we let it get hold of us and let other things pile up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your poem. Determination and perseverance are the keys to success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem, I have that lazy monster in me. Procrastinating is my hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to get rid of your hobby or else it will grow into a monster one day.. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :D

      Delete
  4. That was a cute poem, Swati! Laziness, procrastination - monsters, all of them! It's better to show them the door..:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. The worst monsters are the ones we create! :D Cute poem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our bad habits are actually monsters which we need to remove. Loved the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your kind words of appreciation..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful lines, especially determination is power and we can defeat any monster with it. I agreed the firm determination can do any miracle in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One needs determination and a definite plan to beat the monsters within. The task may seem daunting but it's not impossible.

    Beautiful lines Swati.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, planning is an important part of the process of preparation. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Exactly !! I can relate though. These are our biggest enemies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some invisible enemies. Thanks for your words of appreciation! :)

      Delete