3 Feb 2024

#491 Grateful for this Nordic view

Grateful for this Nordic view

Image Source: Click from my mobile

I’m grateful for this Nordic view,

Oh! I shall always be,

As I start my day by sipping

A cup of herbal tea,

By the window of the living room,

Of the building high-rise,

When I look outside,

I only find beauty all around,

As if nature has

Sprinkled some icing sugar

On the dark and bare streets,

The drizzle of snow, so light

Just like feathers floating ceaselessly

Caressing the trees when encountered,

Can’t take my eyes off those

Snow-covered streets when glimmer

Under the faint moonlight.

 

I’m grateful for this Nordic view,

Oh! I shall always be,

When I peep through my window,

To witness the sun going down

The horizon after painting the clear

Blue sky, with colours of elegance

The pinkish tint that the sky gets,

Resembling that of a lipstick,

Or taken from the color palette

Of a seasoned artist,

I enjoy this view as if it’s

The last view my eyes can

Get to store it as an eternal memory.

 

All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi 

03.02.2024


P.S: This post is a part of #WriteAPageADay2024 #WAPAD2024 written under the prompt “Write a poem inspired by the view from your window”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment