30 Nov 2023

#486 What a lazy day looks like to me

 What a lazy day looks like to me

This post is a part of Blogchatter Blog Hop

Before I start writing anything, I would first like to thank the team of BlogChatter for coming up with a lot of innovative prompts with the help of which I can conquer my writing block. From this week’s #BlogChatterBlogHop, I have selected the prompt “A blogger on a lazy day” for mainly two reasons; First, I qualify to consider myself a blogger after blogging for a decade. Second, I’ve been idling around for some time recently, just being cozied up in my cocoon during these snowy Nordic winter days. I want to slow down a bit and enjoy this process of my existence and evolution as my life turned extremely hectic a few months ago.   

         

          Picking up a day from one of my recent lazy days, I usually get up between 7:30 am and 8 am as it’s winter here in Finland and the sun rises around 8:40 am and before that, it’s pitch-dark black all around. So, I can proudly say that I wake up before sunrise or can I call it a Finnish Brahma Muhurta? Jokes apart! So, for me, a lazy day essentially doesn’t exclude any work, but it includes moments to relax mentally by not worrying much about my career or future or giving time to activities that I enjoy doing. Note: A married woman’s life can’t be devoid of any work, there’s always a schedule of household chores to perform. After performing some usual household chores like cleaning, setting up the rooms, and cooking, I sit on the armchair in my favorite spot in the drawing room with a cup of hot chocolate and a book. I also watch some movies or videos on YouTube for entertainment. I enjoy reading eBooks on my iPad where I also take notes. These days, I’ve been learning to play the Ukulele, so I’m trying my hand at Ukulele. I experiment with this stringed instrument which I have yearned to play for a long time. I try to get the chords for some Bollywood songs by hit and trials and note them down in a notebook which I refer to while recording the songs. I upload these recordings in my quite-recently-created-Instagram-Account; swar_symphony. I also collaborate with singers all over the world on Smule app. I feel that anything that one creates makes her happy and confident. I would sometimes surf for different contents or invitations for writing on different prompts to keep my blog alive.

 

          I wonder what life without any work would look like. After crossing the carefree stage of life that of a student, I am into the next phase of life; that’s married life which comes with some T&C and some responsibilities. I can never think of getting rid of the repetitive household chores as it has taught me to be more disciplined and gain control over the mind which always gives me numerous excuses not to do it. At the end of the day, I feel content to reflect on my day and feel grateful for my family and friends.

 

All rights reserved!

Swati Sarangi

30.11.2023

No comments:

Post a Comment