8 Feb 2023

#445 Walking with you by my side

 Walking with you by my side

Image Source: Google Images

Under a bright morning sky,

Sun spreading its golden rays,

I would love to have you by my side

Walking over the bed of sand.

 

Let our feet be washed by the waves,

Background music being the sound

That it continuously creates,

No gadgets to make us their slaves.

 

We would only talk about us,

Getting to know more about each other,

By creating castles on sand, we can

Build our lives with a magic wand.

 

That magic wand is the love that

We share, the little things that we care

About each other and thousands of

Unsaid words of expressions.

 

The waves touched my body and soul,

I wish the time to slow down,

To an extent that I would have

You by my side for eternity.

 

With our hands locked into each other,

Our hearts beat in synchronicity and

Our footsteps march in unison

While we walk along the shore.

 

It feels surreal as if we know,

Each other for many years,

I’ve lost the track of time,

Amidst numerous conversation we had.

 

The cool breeze signals the

Passage of time, there’s no sun

To put a blanket while a sheet

Of Stars appear twinkling steadily.

 

I will always carry these memories

Of salty waves creating music, us

Lost in ourselves, endless conversation

Of us, life and everything that it connects.

 

08.02.2022

All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi

#poetizerlovelanguage

No comments:

Post a Comment