10 Jan 2023

#440 Memories

 Memories



Can't label you
Good, bad or neutral
You make me travel
Through the nostalgic sequence of events 
Of a known person
Who is now a stranger to me
Those letters, those giggles
Those promises and endless calls
Are all Incoherent
Which once made my days 
Was it love , lust or fantasy
Still figuring out but in vain.

Why do you always remind me
Memories that I want to forget
Like the scent of flowers 
diffuses with passage of time
Helpless me, who already moved on 
Found out to be tangled
In the cobwebs of thoughts.

Confused me, a silly creature 
Made up of blood and flesh
Of course, brought to earth
By the superpower, who is 
Omnipresent and omnipotent
Bow my head daily to feed 
My mind with the answers
To never ending questions
Ifs, buts , when, how and why.

Why it happened 
When it was not meant
 to happen forever 
Forever is perhaps , 
hypothetical in this world
People come and go but some
leave deep scars on heart
In the end, you find the new you
Lost, broken yet shinning brighter
Because you understand peace 
with the past is vital. 


10-1-2023

Sweta Sarangi 



No comments:

Post a Comment