21 Sept 2013

#23 On abstract things..

    The most prized possession

      Before allowing all my readers to scan this article, I request them to have patience to complete reading this article which is quite lengthy, I admit. It is because I’m writing about the thing which I consider most valuable in my life. You never fall short of words on describing about your favorite thing or do you?? Regarding the length of the article, My sis has an idea.. I’m gonna post it in sequels.. (do not know how many sequels it requires to get completed). In the upcoming lines, I’m going to reveal my obsession with inanimate things. The thing that occupies the top of this list will be a diary. (Funny?? No, I’m serious.) Diary is simply an agglomeration of pages according to the days of a particular year. So, the number of pages constituting a diary at max will be 366(for a leap year, that’s something everyone knows).It is also meant for recording important things (or personal, you can say).Wait…… It is also used for introducing entries of days. BORING, it may sound (I considered it until I felt the essence of writing) In reality, it is not that boring as it may seem at first go.

    I’m an ardent writer of diary as I’ve already mentioned in my introduction. I can never think of missing an entry just like brushing at night (ideality rarely exist in real world, It is more correct to say that I seldom miss any page). It is like FACEBOOK where I post a lot of writings of mine in ‘private mode’. Even though, it is similar to FACEBOOK in the way described just above yet it possesses many dissimilarities:
i)            Setting: Private(always)
ii)   Friends: My parents and sister(who have only access to the most prized possession of mine)
iii)  Wall: posts in any colour(generally in blue ink)Font Style: Monotype Corsiva (always)
Font Size: 14(I guess)
iv)        Sharing: None(can never be possible)
v)          Comments: (restricted) from my parents and sister.


Description
: The cover of the diary that I’m using for entry is of blood red color inciting the ink to flow in the direction to write. Very stylish in outlook!! Since I do not allow anyone to even touch my diary in reality, I would request all readers to follow my words to  be able to turn over the pages of my diary VIRTUALLY. It’s absolutely possible. Not believing!! Okay… Let me cast some magical spells over my readers..Abrakadabradiaryopenprocedureabrakadabradaa..
         

           Welcome to the world of words of Swati- THE DIARY. Now, you’ve my diary in your hand. The very first page of the diary ( I should not call it a page, it’s not a page either, then what should that be called?) has  something written in black ink and bold letters headed to be STATUTORY WARNING-a long list of curses for them who even dare to touch my diary without my permission.[Now, ignore these warnings as I’m permitting you to go through it virtually].Unlike many other diary writers, I’ve never thought of the idea of nomenclature for my diary –the fact is that I don’t consider it that important. Anyways, turn over the introductory page. The next page has empty rows to be filled under various informations: Name, Home Address, Business address, Home phone number, Identity card no., life insurance policy no., bank account no. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH……….. then the page containing calendar and STD/ISD codes of various cities. This page of STD and ISD used to be of utmost importance during the game of ATLAS (the game in which the next participant has to name a place starting with the last letter of the place said by the previous participant. T&C : Places must be geographically present on the globe).Then follows the pages of weight and measures, metric information, world time and currency, important days to remember with list of the most sought after signs- ZODIAC SIGNS, then the 24pages of planner (2 pages for each month) where few Sanskrit Shlokas have been mentioned in red ink. The reason for choosing red ink has got mythological significance. Red has always been considered as a sacred color. You might have many times observed several Gods and Deities being wrapped up in red-colored clothes. If you question this- I have no convincing answer for that. Tired of reading?? You should not be because the interesting thing will just come into lime light after few microseconds or may be nanoseconds…
                                                   

                                                About Me(gleaming in glittered purple colored ink in my own  hand writing with a passport size photo to the extreme right top of the page)
NAME: Swati Sarangi
DOB:………………………..
Qualification: 
Favourite Subjects: Engg. Maths, control system, Network Theory and Electrical Machines
Hobbies: singing, drawing, reading novels, blogging, poetry…
Catch me @ creative-constellation.blogspot.com
My thoughts……………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………..
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
..
..
.
..
..
..
..
.
.
..
.
.
.
..
Page: Jan 10 Inspirational Quote by my ideal -APJ ABDUL KALAM
“Look at the sky. You’re not alone. The universe is friendly towards and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.”

Page: Jan 12
Entry for 27.06.2013
Dear Diary,
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
                                        May God bless us all!!
My Signature
(can’t scan here … sorry for that)

The above is the format of my diary writing.

There is no limit on the number of pages I write for a day. Sometimes, the conversation with my diary gets over within a page and sometimes it gets extended up to 2-3 pages(but very rarely more than that ).The pages of my diary are not only stuffed with entries written on daily basis but also with my poems and some interesting pieces of article cut out from the newspaper. The weird part of my diary is that it’s pages from backside are also covered (but not in URDU, mind it).The back pages have many important things written like syllabus, plans to cover, exams, important websites and passwords of different accounts of mine..     


....... to be continued……

18.09.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment