9 Sept 2024

#542 Being a creator at 𝕏

Being a creator at 𝕏

Image Source: Generated by Grok 2.0

This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2024.

𝕏, formerly known as Twitter, has become a go-to platform for people these days. With Elon Musk taking charge of this platform, many changes have been introduced. A visionary and supporter of free speech, Elon Musk is influencing people positively. According to his latest tweet, “Almost a billion people used 𝕏 last month.” Such is the popularity of 𝕏.

 

Screenshot : Elon Musk's profile on X

Ever since Elon Musk announced monetization of the accounts based on certain criteria, more and more people have decided to be creators on this platform. These criteria are not so easy to satisfy. Even though one may gain 500 followers but that’s not enough, one has to achieve an impression of 5 million in 3 months, which is nothing sort of a milestone. Impressions are the views on your posts and replies which are both considered as content on this platform.

 

I joined 𝕏, it was called Twitter then, in Dec 2021 to document my #100DaysofX journey. I was then doing #100DaysOfWriting, #100DaysOfCode, #100DaysOfReading and #100DaysOfMeditation. I dropped out of #100DaysOfMeditation soon but continued with the other three and completed them. I found users of Twitter very supportive and productive. I was inspired by their journey and got motivated to pursue my passion. I could interact with them and get suggestions and useful resources.

 

𝕏 got monetized from Feb,2023. By monetizing 𝕏, Elon Musk intelligently increased the activities on this platform by encouraging people not to consume but to engage with the posts of others. He wants people to voice their thoughts in the form of replies and make this platform more happening. That’s the reason why 𝕏 is gaining popularity so rapidly. With the inclusion of Grok2.0 for the Premium users, image generation has become just a cake walk.

 

From many creators on 𝕏, I got motivated to be a creator. I started my journey of being a creator from 24.07.2024 and got the Premium Membership on 30.07.2024. I resolved to be mindful about creating content or using the platform on a better way rather than just consuming content by doomscrolling throughout the day. This decision changed everything about the way I was using this platform before. I came in contact with some like-minded people who had similar goals as that of mine. I connected with them and learned the strategies to grow. I started applying the tips from 04.08.2024 and within a month, I gained an aggregate of 3 million impressions.

 

Growing on any social media needs a lot of consistency, focus, and strategy. 𝕏 is no different. It might look easier to grow on social media, but it is not. I’ve been dedicating 2-3 hours every day on an average for a month on 𝕏 and could attain 3 million impressions and 1700 followers. It’s a continuous process and one has to show up every day, no matter what! I enlisted all big accounts and turned on the notifications for them so that when they posted something, I would try to reply meaningfully at first. Some days, I was able to cross 100k impressions while other days, especially during weekends when I got engaged in some other tasks, I could hardly reach even half of it. Some days were rewarding while others seemed to be struggling. Isn’t that part of every game?

 

As a creator for almost a month, I realized that consistency is the key. One will get success only when he’s consistent every day. He has to show up every day, no matter what! I hope to receive my first payout from  𝕏 by the end of this month.

 

Image Source: Generated by GROK 2.0


All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi

08.09.2024

 

No comments:

Post a Comment