30 Aug 2024

#538 Maharaja : Movie Review

 Maharaja

Image Source : Google Images

 This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon 2024.

What an awesome movie, it is! I watched it on a Friday night and I had no regrets about watching it. Although I'm not a very big fan of movies of the genre suspense/thriller but this one changed my opinion. This movie is originally in Tamil, I had to watch the version in English dubbed because of my lack of knowledge in Tamil.

Vijay Sethupathi continues to surprise me with the simplicity of his acting style as I've watched some of his movies dubbed in Hindi. He's the hero of this movie named 'Maharaja'. He plays the role of an ideal husband, a loving father, and a devoted barber by profession. Life takes a different turn when a truck bumps into the house while he goes to buy toys for his daughter, and he loses his wife but his daughter is saved under the dustbin which was kept there. Since then, they worship that dustbin, 'Laxmi' as the protector of their house. One day, Maharaja goes to the police station to give an FIR against the stealing of Laxmi; dustbin, and the whole story revolves around it. The stealing of Laxmi is symbolic of the loss of modesty of his daughter by Selvam and his friends as revenge.

Another important character is Anurag Kashyap(Selvam) who has acted very well as opposite to 'Maharaja'. Scenes taken from different time frames are played successively. The audience can correlate to every scene once the climax is revealed, which couldn't have been done in another way! Excellent direction, acting, and display of emotions, are all factors that contribute to the success of the movie. It's among such movies that can't bore me even if I watch it a thousand times. I highly recommend it to someone who wants to watch a really good movie! My rating for it is a perfect 10/10.

All Rights Reserved!

Swati Sarangi

29.08.2024

1 comment:

  1. I've read many positive reviews on this movie. Now, I have to watch it at any cost:)

    ReplyDelete