5 Sept 2016

#183 Granny's words of wisdom

Granny’s words of wisdom


Grandparents play a very important role in life of every one. They act as a protecting shield from the wrath of parents.  As a child, I was always pampered by my grandparents. We, grand children, were the apples of their eyes. Whenever I was punished by my mother for disobeying her orders, I would threaten her to complain against her to my granny (maternal grandmother). The summer vacation would send out a natural invitation to all my cousins to gather at my granny’s place at Puri. It was the time for which we all had waited to get assembled at a common place where we could enjoy together. Then the days at Puri would pass in chatting accompanied by laughter, playing, singing, dancing, fun and frolics.

Granny was a very devout lady who had a pious heart. Her thoughts were organised and crystal clear. She never thought ill of others. She was like an Acharya who practised everything what she preached so religiously. She was an Encyclopedia of Sanskrit shlokas. She would always suggest us never to observe or discuss ill qualities of others as it would start to develop inside us. She was very optimistic about people and life. She always appreciated the positive side of everyone she came across. I was so young to convince myself about the verity of her words then. Now, after so many years, when I accidentally came across a motivational book called ‘The Secret’ by Rhonda Bryne , I’m able to connect to each word she spoke about life. The book gives a deep insight to the largest working force in the universe called ‘Law of attraction’. We surprisingly attract everything in our life, be it people, situations, opportunities and even accidents!  All these attractions are possible through our thoughts! Yes, that’s the truth. Our passionate thoughts materialise in life. It’s difficult to control each and every thought we encounter inside our mind but we can certainly regulate the kind of thoughts we want to have.
        
  Truly, Granny’s way of perceiving life and surrounding was very enlightening. Certainly the universe is very friendly and conspires to give everything to them who know how and what to ask for.

I wish everyone a Happy Ganesh Chaturthi. May Lord Ganesha always shower his mercy upon you and your family.
Image result for ganesh chaturthi

Swati Sarangi

05.09.2016

4 comments:

  1. May the blessings of Lord Ganesha be always with you. Exceedingly nice write-up. Thanks and compliments.

    Jitendra Mathur

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog.. Thanks for reading this post and dropping a wonderful comment! :) Have a nice day! :)

      Delete