13 May 2018

#356 Interchanging perceptions

Interchanging Perceptions
Image result for mother's Day

It’s Mother’s Day. So wishing every motherly figure a very Happy Mother’s day ! There’s absolutely no concept of life without you all, be it a mother, sister, aunt, grandmother, friend, aunty, teacher. All of you hold an important part in my life. I just can’t imagine my life without the presence of even one of you. I don’t know if I can ever express my gratitude to you all for everything that you’ve done for me; a single life won't be enough for it.

Is interchanging perceptions an easy task? I mean to put ourselves in the shoes of others to analyse the situation. For that we need to have knowledge about the conditions that the other one is into. I’ve been the elder one in my family and apple of everyone’s eyes. My parents have worked very hard to meet all my requirements. I always take care that I maintain an economy of my expenditure so that I don’t burden them with my expenses.  

Let me do an experiment of interchanging the souls (like one of the stories of English book of school days where Mrs.Fritzgerald exchanged her soul with her neighbour) to place myself in their positions for a while. What I see now are the loads of responsibilities on their shoulders; the activities of their workplaces, household chores and discussing the issues of our lives. They have other responsibilities and tasks to perform with many important duties as parents to discharge.   

I wonder if it’s the patience that has evolved with time in my parents to handle an ambitious kid like me who sometimes get intimidated or insecure at the fierce competition of the world around.  Sometimes the series of failures put me into a state of self doubt about my abilities or strength or in the state of anxiety, that’s quite common to speak about.
Image result for changing perceptions

For so many years, I realise that I’ve only viewed every situation of my life from my perspective only. Now, the time has definitely come to shift this lens of perception to the ones who have sacrificed everything for me and are still sacrificing.   

I remember one of the bad days when I called my father to say that I would never settle for less than what I deserve in my life , to console me he said that he believed in my abilities and knew that both of us would always leave an imprint wherever we go.

At the end I just want to make a promise to my parents that “I will never let all your sacrifices in raising me the way I’m today down in any condition”. May the guiding forces of this universe support me in my future endeavours.

©Swati Sarangi
12.05.2018

No comments:

Post a Comment